Crazy Eights is a shedding-type card game for two to seven players. The object of the game is to be the first player to discard all of his or her cards. The game is similar to Switch and Mau Mau
- The purpose of the game is to get rid of all your cards.
- You can play any card of the same suit as the one at the top of the pile. Example: There's a club at the top of the pile, you can play any club.
- You can play any card of the same rank as the one at the top of the pile. Example: There's a six of clubs at the top of the pile, you can play any other six.
- You can play two or more cards of the same rank at the same time, but the first one of them must be the same suit or rank as the pile. Example: There's a club on the pile. You can play the 5 of clubs, the 5 of hearts and the 5 of diamonds all at the same time. Do this by selecting the cards (right click or Ctrl+click) on them in the order you want to play them. Once you've selected them, left click on any of them to play all the selected cards at once. If you are playing on an iPad or another tablet you can click a card and hold the finger on it for a second, then it will be selected. Select the ones you want to play together, and then tap on one of them to play them all together.
- If you have no card that you can play you can draw up to 3 cards from the deck. You can't draw if you have any cards that you can play in your hand. If you've drawn 3 cards and still can't play you must pass and the next player plays.
- You can always play an eight, and then you can change the suit to whatever you want. The game will prompt you for the suit after you click the eight.
- If the first card on the table is an eight when you start, then you are allowed to put down any card from your hand.